Frequently Asked Questions About Addiction Rehab
Admitting a dependency and pledging to attend a rehabilitation programme can be challenging initial steps on the road to recovery. Several people fret about how the addiction rehabilitation process will influence their lives - not knowing can be frightening. Here are some answers to several of the questions you might have regarding the process of addiction rehabilitation.
The more you know regarding addiction rehabilitation - such as what to anticipate when starting a treatment programme, the duration of the programme, and costs linked with the programme - the less challenging your road to recovery can be.
Defining An Addiction Treatment Facility
The organised treatment programs meant to assist people suffering addiction are named rehabs. Recovery can help addicts progress in the direction of a solid, cheerful and calm way of life.
What Happens In Rehab?
Dependence recovery treatment is custom-made to the requirements of every person. This typically includes some combination of one-on-one and group drug abuse therapy, detoxification (detox), education to prevent a relapse and aftercare planning before the programme can be completed so that long-lasting sobriety can be maintained.
- Detoxification Detox is an essential part of early treatment. While detoxing, the body physically eliminates the drug and it's effects. Whilst the detoxification experience will differ significantly according to the particular kind and frequency of substance used, several substance withdrawal symptoms can be uncomfortable, if not threatening. The discomfort and risks of detoxing can be alleviated in a medically supervised program.
- Substance Abuse Therapy Psychological and other social-therapy counselling continue to be a part of therapy after the cleansing is done. In trying to identify the reason that led to drug taking and addiction, one-on-one or group counselling are offered to the patients. The best way to pick out situations of risk and triggers, remain sober for long and learn how to avoid relapse are explained to the addicts through some treatment programs.
- Post-care A workable after care plan is developed for the patient with the help of the staff towards the termination of the rehab treatment program. Usually, this includes a combination of support groups and continuing individual therapy with sober living arrangements if they are needed.
What Is The Duration Of Rehabilitation?
There isn't a predetermined period of time that applies to everyone who enters rehab. Numerous rehabilitation centres offer 30-day programs. any case, a few people advantage from longer treatment projects, for example, 60-day, 90-day, or considerably longer-term treatment at private or inpatient treatment centres to additionally create and keep up an unfaltering recuperation way. While deciding the proper length of treatment, treatment experts will give consideration to the history and seriousness of the addiction, particular substances use, any co-happening medicinal, mental, or behavioural health conditions and the physical, mental, emotive, social, traditional and spiritual needs of the person.
Researches showed that those individuals who spend three months or longer in therapeutic programs have better rates of long haul sobriety. A longer programme gives you the chance to concentrate on the behaviours and root reasons behind your dependency, and also gives you more time to work on behaviour that will lead to sober living.
Is Addiction Cured By Rehab?
Addiction could be properly managed, even though it has no definite cure. No matter how long the rehab programme lasts, the addiction to drugs and alcohol does not end with it. To recover from drug use is a continuous, long-term procedure. Getting educated on how to live your day to day life without alcohol and drug consumption with serious efforts is the best way to handle addiction.
Addiction Recovery Versus Addiction Rehabilitation
Rehab teaches patients how to handle cravings and work through difficult times when the temptation to start using again is strong. Patients also learn skills to equip them for daily life without the drugs and how to relate to individuals or circumstances that had an impact or made it possible for the substance intake to start.
To live long without the substance, the recovery may include continuous counselling in a group or as individual as well as participation in the twelve step recovery programme or group therapy. Involving themselves in extra activities work for some people in helping with recovery. Some of these activities might include art, music, yoga, or meditation.
Several great treatment programmes provide their own aftercare programmes, or work together with you to devise a concrete plan for aftercare before leaving treatment to assist with supporting effective long-lasting recovery. Aftercare is so important that many studies have shown that it can help prevent relapses.
What Happens If I Relapse?
A relapse is not a failure but a challenge to confront and overcome during the journey to recovery. It offers a chance to re-evaluate your path and get back into a programme that gives the assistance and support required to stay sober.
Countless people who are battling with dependency stay more than once in a rehab before they can establish their secure position on their road to recovery. Rehab provides and equips the addict with tools necessary to overcome addiction and remain sober, but, the individual is the only one who can control their addiction.
How Much Does Rehab Cost?
Addiction rehab programmes can differ significantly when it comes to cost. A high-end luxury programme tends to quote more for additional services and special facilities and, in certain instances, a better staff to patient ratio.
Inpatient offices tend to cost more than outpatient treatment programs as they give patients treatment, dinners, hotel and exercises. The outpatient facilities offer different types of programs - such as group or personal counselling sessions every week, intensive outpatient programs, and free meetings of support groups that are properly organised.
Among the things that can alter the charges of rehab are
- Amenities provided - Services may include special gourmet diets, private accommodation, animal-assisted therapy, alternative medicine, massage, and yoga.
- How long the program is - The amount of time one will spend in the programme also affects the cost of the rehab. All these things are covered by the therapist who takes you for the registration so you can work out how long you can afford to stay.
- The location - High-end luxury facilities will be more expensive than regular treatment facilities. If the facility is in a location that is not close to the home, then the entire cost of treatment should include the cost of travel to the facility.
- The Nature of Programme - Inpatient projects will frequently cost more than outpatient programs since patients live at the facility which is staffed with restorative and treatment experts at all circumstances.
The Cost Of Rehab Vs The Cost Of Addiction
While the cost of recovery might be an obstruction for a few people, it is imperative to recollect the many "expenses" of compulsion. What makes addiction costly
- The cost of medications
- Being less productive at work
- Lawful fines
- Doctor's visit expenses for physical or emotional wellness issues related with compulsion
Addiction can also cost the user their relationships, health, and happiness.
Is Insurance Accepted?
Yes, in most places, insurance is accepted as a means of payment for rehab treatment. Whether or not it is accepted will depend on each individual facility. Your insurance plan might pay for only a part of your stay at the rehab, therefore it is key to study your particular insurance plan before being admitted to a drug rehabilitation programme.
If your insurance will not pay for your time in treatment, talk to the facility you chose about other options for payment. Some other financial plans and sliding scale payment systems that reduce the burden of one-off payments may be offered by the program or facility.
Is It Better To Get Treatment Close To Home Or Far Away?
Majority of addicts being treated for addiction move to facilities far away from their homes. This is advantageous in certain instances as it removes the user from his/her home setting where he/she abused alcohol or drugs.
In such a distinctly isolated area, those going to recovery can completely concentrate on their dependence issues, free of outside diversions or allurements from work, family and companions.
In the event that you pick outpatient treatment, you may wish to select an office nearer to home so you don't need to go far every day. For someone with family responsibilities, a centre close to home can help balance home life with treatment.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Would It Be Advisable For Me To Choose Inpatient Or Outpatient Treatment?
Inpatient and outpatient centres are different in a lot of ways, from the cost, intensity, environment, and support structure in place through the whole process.
Inpatient Addiction Rehab
These are addiction treatment facilities that offer help 24 hours. Medical personnel are permanently present for inpatient services in hospitals, while medical services from experts are offered at intervals in the residential rehabs when the need arises. Both these types of inpatient centres call for a patient to reside at the centre itself.
An inpatient program allows the patients to fully immerse themselves in recovery and treatment with 24 hour care. Because patients don't face the stress of daily life, they can usually work through their addiction issues a little better.
Rehabilitation programs can incorporate group treatment, individual treatment, medication-assisted treatment and even correlative treatments, for example, meditation, animal therapy, or outdoor activities.
Individuals with long-established or serious addictions, addictions to various substances, or with co-occurring medical and mental health issues frequently look for an inpatient rehabilitation centre for their treatment. It might likewise be a decent alternative for the individuals who have attempted past recovery endeavours (either inpatient or outpatient) and have since backslid.
Outpatient Addiction Rehabilitation
An outpatient centre enables a patient to come for therapy, treatment, and further services and then go back to his/her home when the treatment session has been completed. This set-up allows an individual to continue largely freely with his/her work, home or school life whilst receiving treatment. These offices have a tendency to be a solid match for those with moderately less serious or shorter-term addictions, constrained time or obligations at work or home that can't be disregarded.
Outpatient programs vary from centre to centre. Sometimes sessions will last all day but others might only last for an hour or two every day. Because of the less number of medical staff and the reduced hours of direct care involved, inpatient facilities are costlier than outpatient programs. Since a patient can leave, he/she doesn't have to pay for 24/7 care. Some insurance plans cover all the treatment while others will cover part.
You can contact us on 0800 246 1509 to get more information on how the two addiction treatment programs vary. Our rehab placements representatives can answer your questions to help you figure out what rehab fits best with you and your needs.
Can I Lose My Job For Attending Addiction Rehab?
The possibility of being sacked from work if you fail to attend a rehab and defeat addiction is much more than the risk of losing your job because you enrolled in a rehab. In the event that you are battling with a substance misuse issue, it is conceivable that your supervisor may effectively presume it. If you don't get help for your addiction, it might soon become obvious and the consequences of your drug use could cause your performance at work to suffer.
Utilising substances while at work is legitimate reason for end, yet there are a few federal regulations securing your entitlement to acquire treatment. These laws make it illegal to dismiss an employee as a result of him/her looking for treatment.
How Do I Get Time Off Of Work To Attend Addiction Rehab?
Several inpatient programmes demand that you take some time off at your work. You can use any of the many available options to help with this. Some of these are
- Employee Assistance Programs An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is an intentional program through your manager, which gives classified evaluations, limited advising and referrals to treatment at no cost to the employee.
- Family and Medical Leave Act Several employers provide as much as 12 weeks of leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act, which enables you to take off unpaid time without it influencing your health insurance, in an attempt to look for treatment for a medical issue that gets in the way of your ability to finish tasks related to your work. Addiction falls in this classification, so it could be valuable to comprehend what your organization offers.
- Leave With Pay Companies offer annual holidays, paid sick off days and you can take those together with any accumulated leave and personal time to go for residential treatment.
- Executive Rehab Centres In such an event that you have a lot of work obligations and are required to stay actively involved at your workplace, executive rehabilitation facilities may assist with maintaining a continuous involvement or presence at your work whilst receiving residential treatment in a luxurious environment that provides round-the-clock care.
- Outpatient Programmes The last option is to attend an outpatient program if you can't take time away from home or work and cannot afford an executive rehab centre. People battling with serious addiction or relapse issues, though, would be better cared for by residential treatment options that can provide more intensive round-the-clock care.
There are a lot of ways to get help despite job responsibilities and treatment will only benefit you, your job, your health, and your life in the long run.
What Is Luxury Treatment?
Plush rehab facilities are more equipped, and in better surroundings and environment as compared with conventional rehab centres. They are frequently situated in out-of-the-way areas, so patients are managed with greatest privacy amid their stays. Luxury rehabilitation facilities may offer holistic packages, adventure treatments; gourmet meals suppers arranged by expert cooks and creative recuperation therapies.
High state officials, big names plus other public figures regularly pick luxury rehabilitation for the elite pleasantries, confidentiality and the probability that they will be among their companions, yet anybody may go to these sorts of programs if the expenses can be secured through insurance, out-of-pocket instalments or a blend thereof.
How Can I Locate A Rehab Program?
Finding the correct compulsion recovery program can feel like a staggering procedure, yet cause is accessible to answer any extra inquiries you may have. If you are having a hard time deciding what kind of program is right for you or a loved one, call us at 0800 246 1509 to talk to a rehab placement representative to discuss rehab and recovery options further.