NHS Or Private Treatment?
For most people give the first hand choice to the private residential rehab treatment centres. Enrolment for admission is done within 24 hours. If you have private medical insurance or if you have money to pay on your own, you will be able to get into the private rehab treatment. In most cases, you're lucky to secure NHS admission to a private rehab clinic.
Who Can Apply For Rehab Funding With The NHS?
All United Kingdom residents should be able to apply for addiction treatment through the NHS at community based rehabilitation centre or private facility which is free of charge at the point of delivery. To qualify for NHS funding at a residential rehabilitation centre you'll possible have to provide evidence that you have tried to get in local community-based treatment options first. Residential rehab session is only dependent upon willingness of your area addiction group to finance your treatment. It takes many weeks even months.
Get referral to the nearest alcohol and drug action team from your GP.
Pros And Cons
- Flexible plan of treatment;
- Admission speed - sometimes as fast as 24 hours;
- Treatment done on one site with help of available equipment use;
- In most cases, the same doctor/employee will take care of patients during the rehab;
- Treatment will take place in an environment which is away from worries and temptations, so the patients can focus solely on recovery;
- Strong bonds are formed with therapists and other patients in the therapeutic community;
- Family can visit at certain times, there are possibilities to make phone calls or receive letters, we can sometimes provide visiting accommodation;
- Art therapy, equine therapy, fitness, gym and other correlative therapies are usually available;
- Aftercare programme;
- On the NHS, it is not cheaper than rehab
- Not always protected by health insurance.
Rehabilitation of NHS
- Free of charge;
- Everyone is eligible;
- It is near to your home, family and local community;
- Admission process takes a while;
- Has no referral guarantee to residential rehab;
- Different treatments might be provided at various clinics/facilities;
- The more you have the access to drugs and liquor including life distractions, the more it will affect your recovery.
- Limited access to the personal counsellor;
- Patients are not entitled to similar therapist/staff care during treatment program period;
- Building an outpatient support network may be more challenging.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
NHS Cross Border Treatment Alternative;
It may take months in organising admission into a private rehab clinic via the UK NHS or local addiction services and the result is far from certain. Funding through the directives of the EU cross border healthcare can be much faster to access though.
All UK patients are requested to take benefit from this service and get more information on Alcohol Rehab Durham site.